Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Guest Blog: Author Judy M. Ford hosts book launch at Kefa (Fri Dec 6)

SILVER SPRING AUTHOR, JUDY M. FORD, HOSTS BOOK LAUNCH AND READING EVENT WITH KEFA CAFÉ ON 12/6/13
Guest Blogpost by Judy M. Ford
21 November 2013

As a newly published author of The Light in Your Pocket: Illuminate Your Life in 140-Characters or Less, and resident of Silver Spring, MD for nearly 14 years, I can think of no better place to host my upcoming Book Launch and Reading Event (on 12/6/13 at 6:30pm), than at Silver Spring’s own Kefa Café, in partnership with sister-owners, Lene and Abeba Tsegaye.  Writing this book has been an absolute joy born of a lifetime of experiences and a dream come true for this writer of poetry and inspirational prose.  In the process, however, writing can be an isolating and lonely task.  Fortunately for me, I was surrounded in my writing process by encouraging and supportive friends and family members who kept me going.  I include among these friends and family, Lene and Abeba Tsegaye as their Kefa Café became my home-away-from-home during the writing of this book and their encouragement, support and excitement for me and this project lifted my spirits and inspired me along my way.  As I state specifically in the Acknowledgements section in my book, “Lene and Abeba Tsegaye, owners of Kefa Café in Silver Spring, MD, nourished me with their support, encouragement, enthusiasm, food, a home-away-from-home and more cups of great coffee than I can count through many hours of writing, editing and revising.”  As such, it is only fitting, as well as my genuine my honor and deep privilege, to have my book launch and reading event in my Silver Spring community at ‘my’ Kefa Café!

Given Kefa Café’s commitment, involvement and overall support of the Silver Spring community, particularly the Bonifant Street area, this is not only an event for a single author and her supporters, but a community event.  Through its Space 7:10 events, Kefa Café “provides a venue for local artists to exhibit and sell their work at a super-loved local coffee shop with painted yellow walls and a warm community vibe.”  Kefa Café “presents a mix of artistic work by emerging and established artists who represent the diversity and breadth of creative expression within the Silver Spring community.”  With a strong preference for artists who live and/or work in the Silver Spring regional area, particularly those personally connected with Kefa Café, having my event here just makes sense!

Please see event details below, including how/where you can purchase The Light in Your Pocket, and we look forward to seeing you on December 6th at Kefa Café!



JOIN US FOR A BOOK READING!
Friday, December 6th, 2013 @ 6:30pm
963 Bonifant StreetSilver SpringMD


KEFA CAFÉ WELCOMES
Silver Spring Author
Judy M. Ford

For a reading of her newly published book:
The Light in Your Pocket:
Illuminate Your Life in 140-Characters or Less

No comments:

Post a Comment