A recent article in the Washington Post has sparked quite a bit of conversation about our Area's appeal to young adults... Here's a short - and very incomplete! - list of venues and happenings that some have suggested do have that appeal:
- The Fillmore
- Pyramid Atlantic's Sonic Sound performances
- Gandhi Brigade Voices on the Plaza
- Gathering watering holes, some with music (Jackie's, Sidebar, the Quarry House, Society, McGinty's and others)
- Urban Nation's Offerings & Programming
- Occasional offerings at the College's Cultural Art Center. Takoma Park's Community Center, and AFI; and SSTCi
- Occasional theatre performances by Forum, Happenstance, Lumina, Round House and others
- The presence of Cuneiform Recording / Production Studio, and Radio One
- At least 5 Ethiopian restaurants with music
- At least one 'underground jazz club'
As stated above, this is a VERY incomplete list!... Know of others? Suggest away! Leave a post below and/or e-Mail HERE.